Obama did the little thing he was hired to do after Wilson walked free for Michael Brown's murder. But his act is wearing thin, his lies are hanging out, and his shit is getting tired. Listen to him:
- "First and foremost, we are a nation built on the rule of law." NO! First and foremost, you are a nation built on violently stealing the land of the Native American Indians and kidnaping, murdering, raping, and enslaving the peoples of Africa. And today you are a nation built on plundering the whole world and the environment and enforcing it with the biggest army in history, hammering down millions of people in this country, and illegally spying on and repressing anyone who gets in your way. So don't talk to us—don't talk to anyone—about "rule of law."
- "Understand, our police officers put their lives on the line for us every single day." NO! To paraphrase Bob Avakian, your police put the lives of our youth on the line every single day, harassing them, brutalizing them, imprisoning them, and even murdering them.
- "In too many parts of this country, a deep distrust exists between law enforcement and communities of color. Some of this is the result of the legacy of racial discrimination in this country." NO! All throughout your country the police have been employed to repress and stomp on Black and Latino people, to crush their spirit and keep them "on the run," to pen them in and lock them up and kill them off... because the system you run, Obama, has no way to profitably exploit millions in these communities anymore and needs to crush resistance before it begins. The police don't "distrust" communities of color, they violently repress them, and this leads the police to fear and hate the people they keep down. And "communities of color" should, if anything, distrust the police even more—for any cooperation you give them, any time you rely on them, they will use it against you and it will backfire.
- "We have made enormous progress in race relations over the course of the past several decades. I've witnessed that in my own life. And to deny that progress I think is to deny America's capacity for change." NO! You yourself made "enormous progress" (if you can call being butcher-in-chief "progress"). Along with you, a small handful of other Black and Latino people have also become prominent. A larger group has made it into the middle class—but they are still perilously close to falling back out of it. But for most Black people, things are worse than they were several decades ago. Ten times as many people in prison, over half of them Black or Latino. More unemployment and a huge difference between the white rate and the rates for Black people or Latinos. Greater inequality in education and housing. Evictions rampant, along with homelessness. Credit discrimination. Even more segregation. And demonization in the culture. On and on, in every facet of life. Progress, my ass. Just because you made it, Obama, doesn't mean shit.
- "To those in Ferguson, there are ways of channeling your concerns constructively and there are ways of channeling your concerns destructively." Translation: "Walk around in a circle, talk in a dialogue that goes nowhere, get involved in a program that puts a Band-Aid on a cancer, so that business can go on as usual. Don't do anything that will actually try to STOP the outrages." Yeah, well, fuck that. We got something better. Stand up. Fight the Power, and Transform the People, For Revolution.