Friday, December 3, 2010
Free Mumia Abu Jamal - Protest at US Embassy London 9th December 2010 - 5pm to 7pm
DEMONSTRATE Outside the US EMBASSY
24 GROSVENOR SQ
DECEMBER 9th 5-7PM
FOR FREEDOM FOR MUMIA
Mumia has been in prison for 29 years for a crime he did not commit.Mumia is innocent .He is a political prisoner.Mumia should be released unconditionally immediately
FREE MUMIA FREE MUMIA FREE MUMIA
FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW !!!
Call U.S. Department of Justice Main Switchboard 202-514-2000
Public Comment Line 202-353-1555
Email US Attorney General Eric Holder :
Ask Eric for a civil rights investigation into the 28 plus years of violations of Mumia's rights in the court system, and also into the history of surveillance and targeting of Mumia when he was only a teenager
Mumia is innocent
Mumia Abu Jamal, a former Black Panther, investigative journalist and human rights activist was wrongly convicted of killing a police officer. Mumia has been on Death Row for 29 years. Amnesty International said the trial did not meet basic standards of fairness. Mumia is innocent
1. The policeman was killed with a 44 caliber gun. Abu-Jamal's gun which he was licensed to to carry as a night time cab driver was a 38 caliber.
2. Both prosecution and defense witnesses said that the shooter wore an “Afro” haircut and had on a green jacket. Mumia had locks and wore a red jacket
3. All the police radio records at the time of the incident said “the shooter ran away”. Mumia could not run anywhere because he had a bullet in his lung and was bleeding profusely.
4. The principal prosecution witness has recanted, Chobert said he didn’t actually see the shooting.
5. Key witnesses, such as Veronica Jones -- who now testifies in support of Abu-Jamal, were harassed into giving false testimony. Two prosecution witnesses were given special favours, including exemption from criminal prosecution, for their testimony
6. Someone else has confessed to killing the police officer. This confession is validated by
two experts, one of whom is the eminent Dr. Charles Honts.
7. Mumia has been under surveillance by the FBI since he was 15 years old! because he was a member of the Black Panther Party.
8 . When Mumia was 19 years old the state attempted to frame him for the murder of the Governor of Bermuda
Mumia is on trial for his political beliefs as a former Black Panther and a supporter of the Move organisation. The battle for his life and freedom largely resides in our collective capacity to build a massive movement capable of making the political price of Mumia's incarceration and execution too high to pay
FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW
Posted by nickglais on 12/03/2010 01:47:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment