Democracy and Class Struggle says with recent brutal treatment of our ill Comrade Ajith and the mass arrests in the Punjab all within days of one another - they show the struggle for democratic rights in India has never been more important - we at Democracy and Class Struggle wish the convention of the Co-ordination of Democratic Rights Organisations success in its very necessary and timely work
LONG LIVE MOVEMENT FOR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS. IN INDIA.
DEMOCRATIC FORCES SHOULD WITHSTAND STATE REPRESSION LIKE A BOULDER RESISTING THE STRONGEST OF GALES.IN THIS DARK HOUR WITH COMMUNAL FASCISM STRENGTHENING IT'S TENTACLES.
TO IT'S HIGHEST LEVEL DEMOCRATIC FORCES SHOULD STRIVE TO BRING RAYS OF LIGHT.
OPPOSE THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BAN ON ALL DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATIONS FIGHTING FOR PEOPLE'S RIGHTS AND THE UNJUST ARREST OF THOUSANDS OF POLITICAL PRISONERS LANGUISHING IN JAILS.
EXPOSE STATE TARGETING OF ALL DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATION SIN THE NAME OF 'EXTREMISM.'
Coordination of Democratic Rights Organisation (CDRO)
The March for Democracy All India Rally and Dharna
9th September, 2016 Delhi From Mandi House to Jantar Mantar
Assemble at Mandi House at 11 am The Coordination of Democratic Rights Organisations (CDRO), a coalition of civil and democratic rights organizations from across India, gives a call for a Rally and Dharna on 9th September, 2016 in Delhi to protest against increasing attacks on people’s rights.
Reclaiming our democratic rights and resisting the culture of banning and curtailment of fundamental freedoms, we demand:
• Stop attacks on freedoms of speech, thought and expression
• Uphold rights to dissent, protest and organise
• Release all political prisoners
• Repeal UAPA, AFSPA, CSPSA, IPC sections on sedition and waging war, and other draconian laws
• Demilitarise conflict areas
• Withdraw legal immunity to armed and paramiltary forces, and government officials • Immediate stop to state violence in Kashmir and the North East
• Stop ‘Operation Green Hunt’ and other such offensives
• Stop all forms of social discrimination
Post a Comment