Monday, April 10, 2017
Exposing Trump Lies : Syria Strikes Aftermath : What We Know So Far by James Corbett
Democracy and Class Struggle says making Trump Lies have a short life is literally one way to help save the world
Hello, friends, James Corbett here, corbettreport.com.
It’s April 10, 2017, aka 72 hours into the post-Syria Strikes world and the dust is beginning to settle on the crazy events of last week. I hope you’ve been following all the latest information in the comments section of The Corbett Report’s own open source investigation as The Corbett Report community has been doing yeoman’s work in assembling and collating all the data streaming forth from the newsfeeds. But in case you haven’t been following the developments this weekend let’s just go over what we know, what we don’t yet know, and what we can read in the tea leaves about what is to come.
Firstly, I won’t spend too much time on the chemical weapons incident that spurred all of this in the first place other than to direct you to a very important interview that Scott Horton just conducted with ex-CIA officer Philip Giraldi where he insists that the intelligence community and military personnel know that the intel shows that this was not an Assad attack.
This is further bolstered by an interview that ex-CIA officer Ray McGovern gave to RT that Fox News subsequently tried to censor off the web. McGovern says that his military sources indicate that the Syrian government’s strike on Idlib hit a chemical manufacturing plant and it was the toxic fallout from that that killed the citizens of Khan Sheikoun.
But as to the strike itself. There have been people throwing around the idea that the US tipped the Russians and/or Syrians off to the strike before it happened as if this was some kind of conspiracy or covert collusion, but there’s nothing hidden or conspiratorial about it. Shortly after the Tomahawks were launched, Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis confirmed that “Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line. U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield.”
The “established deconfliction line” that he’s talking about there refers to a memorandum of understanding (MOU) that was signed back in October 2015. Again reading directly from Defense.gov: “the MOU includes specific safety protocols for aircrews to follow, including maintaining professional airmanship at all times, the use of specific communication frequencies and the establishment of a communication line on the ground.” That MOU did not call for sharing specific information on what was being targeted, but obviously as per Captain Davis’ statement that was shared this time via the communication line.
Now we know that Russia, Syria, Iran and Iraq set up the so-called “RSII coalition” in September 2015 to share intelligence and establish a joint information center in their joint bid to destroy ISIS, so let’s connect the dots. We know that the Pentagon informed Russia about the strike ahead of time. We know that Russia shares information with Syria, Iran and Iraq. Now Bloomberg dutifully reports that a Pentagon official “said the Pentagon had no intelligence indicating that the Russians tipped off Syria to the looming attack,” but we don’t need any SigInt or James Bond spy shenanigans to put two and two together. They have a joint information center on the ground, for crying out loud. The Russians absolutely let the Syrians know what was coming.
This becomes important when we look at what the strikes actually accomplished…or fail to accomplish. The runways were not damaged in the attack, meaning the base was up and operational again within 24 hours. This is because, we are now told, the strike didn’t target the runways at all.
Of course, Russia says that only 23 of the 59 missiles actually hit the airbase at all, although “Pentagon officials” speaking under the customary cloak of secrecy said all but one missile hit the base.
Pro-Russian sites have, predictably, latched onto the less-than-half-the-missiles-hit-the-base story to suggest that the super psychotronic 26th century mind control weapons from hyperdimension X that the Russians have Jedi mind tricked the puny US peashooters into committing harakiri before they even reached the base.
Meanwhile pro-Trumpers who were thrown under the Trump train by the neocon-in-chief but are still white knuckle grasping on to that caboose with all their might say this is because the entire strike is 7th dimensional backgammon to Make America Great Again by scaring the North Koreans…or Chinese…or someone…by completely failing to destroy an airbase. Or something like that? But these are the same people who think that Kim Jong-Un’s missiles that have failed to hit anything are an existential threat to the US and probably justify a nuclear invasion of North Korea should their dear leader order one, so consistent thinking is evidently not the pro-Trumpers strong suit.
Whatever the case, this much cannot be denied: this strike taken as a single, isolated incident had little effect on the Syrian government’s military capabilities. But this is not a single, isolated incident.
Even if the Russians and even the Syrians colluded to allow the strike to go ahead in order to relieve some of the pressure to “do something” about this chemical weapon false flag event, there have been several very real developments so far.
The Russians have canceled their memorandum of understanding on flight safety with the US, meaning that the next time a strike is launched or an attack is planned, there will be no hotline for the US to use to tip off the Russkies to stand down.
The Russian Ministry of Defense has already vowed to implement “a system of measures to bolster and increase the effectiveness of the Syrian armed forces’ air defense systems.”
Russia has sent the Admiral Grigorovich, its most advanced Black Sea frigate, back into the Eastern Mediterranean, aka the exact area where the USS Porter and USS Ross, the US destroyers that launched the Tomahawks, are still deployed.
And to top it all off, that RSII joint command center that we talked about earlier issued a statement over the weekend “what America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well.”
On the US side, we have Trump and Nikki Haley and Tillerson and the entire administration sticking by the phoney script that the incident at Khan Sheikoun was 100% without doubt an insane President Assad gassing his own people right before the peace talks that would have secured his victory (for some unexplained reason).
So it really doesn’t matter whether the Russians or even the Syrians conspired with Trump to stage this mostly-for-show attack or not, everyone is now painted into a corner. One thing is for certain: there is now virtually no chance that Assad will be allowed to stay in power in Syria. If the Syrian army is on the verge of vanquishing the very last I-CIA-SIS terrorist from their soil, or even if the world is ready to sign on the bottom line of some completed peace negotiation to bring the terrorist insurgency in Syria to an end, the precedent has been established: all Al CIA-da has to do is stage another chemical weapons attack and blame it on Assad, and the dominoes will fall one by one. Neocon puppet Trump will, as we have seen, gladly sign off on whatever lies are passed before him, and next time it might just be a full-on invasion of Syria. At that point Russia has to put up or shut up. Either that will lead to full-on military confrontation between NATO and Russia, or we will know that Putin’s “red lines” mean nothing and the whole rivalry is just for show.
I’d say it would be harder to get out of this without further military action than to thread the eye of a needle, but that would assume I see any way of avoiding it at all, which I don’t.
Everything, and I mean everything, is going to hinge on what is or is not discussed in this upcoming visit of Tillerson to Moscow on Tuesday. I will of course be keeping my eye on everything here, and once again I invite the Corbett Report community to continue cataloguing and analyzing this information in the comments section of this video at CorbettReport.com.
SEE AUDIO REPORT :
Fox News demanded that video above be taken down. Here is the message that appeared on the screen when those few who knew of the link tried to download the interview#
“This video contains content from FOX News Network, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.”
MORE BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Posted by nickglais on 4/10/2017 01:19:00 AM