Sunday, February 18, 2018

Aaj Bazar Mein -- Faiz Ahmed Faiz


Professor G N Saibaba reminds us of Faiz Ahmed Faiz in his poetic letter to us all on 7th February 2018 from Nagpur Jail 

I am living on the margins of life.
My pain, a voiceless song,
my being a nameless mote.
If only my pain could speak,
I’d know who I am.
And if myself could find its essence,
I’d unravel the mystery of this world.
If I could seize this hidden mystery,
my silence would find expression

(Faiz Ahmad Faiz)


Faiz Ahmed Faiz is amongst the most famous poets of last century. Faiz, who was hounoured by Lenin Peace Prize in 1963, was seldom subjected to arrests by the right-wing pro-imperialist military regimes of Pakistan. 

Once, during the dictatorship of General Zia-ul-Haq, he was arrested and taken to the police station in front of the public. In this context, he wrote 'Aaj Bazar mein'

Aaj bazaar main pa ba jolan chalo
aaj bazaar main pa bajolan chalo
let us walk in bazaar in shackles
Chashm-e-nam, jaan-e-shoreeda kafi nahin
wet eyes and restless soul is not enough
Tohmat-e-ishq-posheeda kafi nahin
being charged for nurturing concealed love is not enough
aaj bazaar main pa-bajolan chalo
let us walk in bazaar in shackles
Dast afshan chalo, mast-o-raqsan chalo
let us go with afshan in hand, in trance and dancing
Khak bar sar chalo, khoon badaman chalo
go with dust on head and blood on garb
Rah takta hai sub shehr-e-janaan chalo
Go as the city of my beloved is waiting
Hakim-e-shehr bhi, majma-e-aam bhi
City’s ruler and crowd of commoners
Teer-e-ilzam bhi, sang-e-dushnam bhi
arrow of false charge, stone of accusation
Subh-e-nashaad bhi, roz-e-naakaam bhi
morning of sorrow, day of failure
Unka dum-saaz apnay siwa kaun hai
who is their friend except me
Shehr-e-janaan main ab baa-sifa kaun hai
who is untainted in the city of beloved
Dast-e-qatil kay shayan raha kaun hai
who deserve the killers or executioners hand
Rakht-e-dil bandh lo, dil figaro chalo
get ready for the journey of heart, go wounded heart
Phir hameen qatl ho aain yaro chalo
let me go to be executed



LET VOICES BE RAISED THROUGHOUT INDIA AND PAKISTAN AND THE WORLD TO FREE PROFESSOR G N SAIBABA

JUSTICE HAD A VOICE IN FAIZ AHMED FAIZ YESTERDAY AND IN GN SAIBABA TODAY.




SEE LETTER OF G N SAIBABA FROM NAGPUR JAIL HERE :
https://democracyandclasstruggle.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/g-n-saibaba-indias-greatest-son-at.html

JUSTICE HAS A VOICE IN G N SAIBABA DO NOT BE SILENT OUR VOICES FOR HIS FREEDOM MUST BE HEARD ON ALL CONTINENTS  

No comments: