With the deadline to draft a new statute and the CA tenure ending on Saturday, the three major parties.
Maoists and Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist Leninist) and opposition Nepali Congress, inked a 5-point deal after marathon meetings.
Resignation of PM Jhalanath Khanal to make way for a consensus based government, democratization of the Nepal Army and implementation of past deals made with Madhesi parties are also in the deal.
- To complete the basic tasks of the peace process within three months
- To prepare the first draft of the constitution from the Constituent Assembly (CA) within three months
- To implement effectively the various past agreements reached with the Madhesi Front, including the one to make the Nepal Army (NA) an inclusive institution
- To extend the CA term by three months
- The prime minister to resign and pave the way for the formation of a consensus national unity government